Dear Grandma

 Dear Grandma,

I don't think you realized when you were alive just how much of an influence you were on people's lives.  You wondered with me more than once, if you made a difference, if people cared, did it matter that you were kind, would people remember you.  You sometimes said you didn't think so, but you knew that your grandkids would, especially me.  But, I really don't think you knew just how much you touched other people's lives.  I saw it the other night, in the eyes of someone who loved you dearly, as much as a human being could possibly platonically love someone.  Even though I know he told you on more than one occasion how you helped him, how you changed his life, what you meant to him, and you never doubted it - I got to see it shining in his eyes as he spoke with me about you. I have seen this reflected in the eyes of so many in the last few months.  I wish I could talk to you again and discuss with you just how much you meant to all of us. 

I think you know now, but I would've loved for you to hear in person just all the wonderful things people have said about you.  You were truly loved, respected, and adored by so many.

I will always love and cherish you.

Comments