New Year intentions

 

May be an image of tree and text that says "Out with the old In with the new Winds of change I welcome you."

 

 So, I've started setting my intentions for the new year on the winter solstice, since traditionally, in so many cultures across the world, the winter solstice was the new year. I'm no longer calling them New Year's resolutions, but rather intentions because we've totally misconstrued the word resolution and made it into the absolute thing that must happen. The word actually comes from the Latin word "resolvere" which means to loosen or release. So, if my resolution is to let go of the negativity of the past year, then, essentially, I would be using the word correctly. But, intentions are a little different. They are a way to set things into motion. They are an energetic manifestation of your thoughts. The law of physics tells us that an object in motion must stay in motion unless an outside force stops it. This is the same with energy, and eventually, energy gains momentum. This is why the power of thoughts is so strong and why we are told to watch our thoughts because eventually, they gain momentum and can take on the physical manifestation of their intent. They have the power to run your life. This is no secret, this is talked about in almost every culture, and every religion the world over. So, while thinking itself isn't bad, it's the types of thoughts we put out there that have the power to change your life for the good or bad.
So what are your intentions for the new year?
Mine are to spend more time in nature and spend more time writing daily.

Comments

  1. I don't usually set any resolutions/intentions. It takes something really staying on my mind and pushing itself on me for me to do that. And since that's what it takes, by that point they are easy to keep.
    The biggest one I had was probably 10 years ago or more when I decided I wasn't going to sit at a computer anymore, but would make myself a standing desk. And I did it and haven't sat at my computer since, except on rare occasions when I take it to the couch to sit in front of a fire while I write.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment