Furthering my education for free

I absolutely LOVED college, and if I could have afforded it, I would have stayed in college much longer than the 5 years it took me to get my degree.  There were so many, many courses I wanted to take just because they sounded interesting, but I couldn't take them because they had nothing to do with my chosen major and usually conflicted with the classes I was required to take.
I have often expressed interest to my family that I want to go back to college to get my Masters, but what I really wanted to do was go back and take all those other courses that sounded very interesting.  I guess that's one of the problems with having so many interests.  I really don't know many people who are interested in art, physics, biology, writing, astronomy, algebra, etc., at the same time. 
But I think I may have found a way to take some of those courses online for free!!  I'm so excited!!! I'll even get a certificate of completion.  There are even some courses that I could pay for and they will actually count as college credit.  I don't know that I'll go that route or not, but in the meantime, this has opened up a whole new avenue for me to further my love for learning, take classes that I've always wanted to, from home for free!! 
Yes, I know, I'm a nerd, but I love it!!!
Right now, I've signed up for an introductory to finance class that starts in February.  I'm taking that one because of Brandon starting his own business; he's kind of designated me as his bookkeeper.  Money and finances has never been a very strong area for me, so I want to do this right.  The class is geared both to personal and business finances, so this is a perfect class for me.
I'm also going to sign up for an Archaeology course.  Last summer, I went on an archaeological survey through the forest service.  I'd always had an interest in archaeology and found that I could volunteer for a week to help.  I had so much fun, that I plan to do it again this summer, but I would like to learn some more about it.
I'm also planning on taking a intro to calculus course.  Another subject I've been interested in, and would like to learn more about.  I never took any courses in calculus, but I took advanced algebra in high school and college.  I LOVED algebra and would have taken more courses, but they weren't needed for my elementary education degree, and again conflicted with the courses I needed to take.
I know this sounds nerdy, and maybe a bit advertisey, but I am very, very, very excited!!   I will let you all know how my classes are going as they progress.
I'm betting I'm going to have a blast!!!!

Comments