365 (366) days of writing

Ok, I know I don't make New Year's Resolutions.  Because why wait until the new year to start a new habit.  But, I kept putting this one off.  I get in a writing funk, and I get writer's block and just stare at my blank screen.  Then I end up getting lost on Facebook or that game on my phone.  So, I have decided that I will make a huge effort to write every day this year, even if it's just for 5 minutes and I manage to only get 3 words during those 5 minutes.  I've got to do it.  It's the only way to build a habit of writing and finally getting my 2nd book written so I can start the publishing process with my 1st.  I've decided that it doesn't matter what I write, as long as I write.  With the exception that comments on Facebook posts don't count, even though I'm known for my lengthy replies.   Creating a habit of writing daily will help me channel my creativity, and possibly get more short stories written (I write them and publish under a pen name)
So, that is my goal for 2020.  Wish me luck.  I can do this.  I know I can. 

Comments

Post a Comment