With growth comes change

And with change comes organizing and purging. 
I've been feeling restless lately like I'm ready for something different in my life.  It's been a feeling I've had for about a month now.  So, I decided to act on it.  I've started in my kitchen.  I started with the shelf where I store the canned goods.  Then I went on to the medicine cabinet above the microwave, and then the food shelves above the counter.  My kitchen is micro tiny, a total of 10sq ft.  Space is limited in my apartment in general.  It's very hard for 3 people to live in a 1 bedroom 750sq ft apartment.  So, the majority of my food is not in the kitchen, there is no room in there. It's on a metal rack in my living room.  So, I started with one of the shelves on that rack.  I will work on the snack shelf soon.  But the kitchen must be tackled.  Tomorrow, I will go through the 4 utensil drawers and the one cabinet under the sink where I store all my pans. It's crowded and hard to organize with the pipes there, but I use all of my pans regularly, and there is nowhere else to store them.  Then, I will tackle my desk area. I will eventually move onto all areas of my tiny, cramped apartment.
I'm still trying to figure out what has prompted the need to get organized, but I really think it's a shift in my energy, the way I am thinking, and my need to expand my creativity.  I'm highly creative.  Writing is my passion, but lately, the clutter in my house has been cluttering my mind, and I need to get rid of it so I can tap into the full potential of my creativity.  I know this is what has been holding me back.  So here I go.  Wish me luck.

Comments